On my recent holiday to Las Vegas and Hawaii, I was able to indulge in a little bit of shopping! Always a happy hop and squee moment.
We no longer have Sephora in the UK - who is old enough to remember when it was here? <sound of crickets chripping> Only me then! We had a fabulous one nearby in Southampton. Sigh! Although I hear they might be dipping a toe back into the UK very soon. - so whenever I land in a country where the gorgeous black and white striped frontage lives, I make a bee-line straight for it. Or should I say, a bee-stung-lip-line for it - I wish! That's way I need the make up's.
Talking of lips, one amazing set I picked up on my holiday haul was the Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip and Liner set.
I've already posted a photo of it on Instagram, but because of the limited characters, I couldn't write the full product name in the comment. So I thought I'd add it here, along with a one sentence review for each. So, here goes:
1. Laura Mercier lip pencil in Naked. Good natural colour, a little flaky.
2. Too Faced melted matte lipstick in Sell Out. Way to pale and drying for my liking.
3. YSL Rouge Pur Couture - No 70 Le Nu. Creamy, good for 'non-makeup' days.
4. Tarte cosmetics Tarteist lip crayon - Mood Ring. Decent deep red, a lip dry, fiddly to turn to get to more product.
5. Marc Jacobs enamored lip lacquer - Pretty Thing. Thick, sticky, almost clear, quite nice to use as a vaguely tinted lip balm.
6. Buxom full on lip cream - Kir Royale. My absolute favourite! Can wear it as a thin veil of colour, or load it for a darker stain. Lasted a lot longer on the lips than I expected. I like the slight tingle, some may not.
7. Benefit cosmetics They're Real Double the Lip - Fuchsia Fever. Their brand new lip range, pay off and double shade works well, as does the lip bullet. Hate the colour! Although see 12.
8. Make Up For Ever artist rouge - M401 Mat. Third favourite lip stick in the set. So rich, creamy, long wearing, and love the colour.
9. Nars velvet matt lip pencil - Cruella. Second favourite lipstick. So easy to use, great coverage in just one swipe. Gorgeous shade.
10. Stila stay all day lipstick- Beso. Pretty impressed with this. Intense colour, didn't fine it too drying. Need to wear it again for final decision.
11. Smashbox always sharp lip liner - Crimson. Best liner of the lot, creamy, easy to use, can be worn as colour on its own.
12. Estee Edit lip flip shade transformer - 02 Turn Down. Quite cool to wear as a dark balm on its own, however meant to be used to tone down shades of other lipsticks. Tried it with horrid no. 7 ⬆️, and it made it more wearable for me. Needs practise to get the right thickness of coverage, better with a lip brush than from the bullet, but pat with a finger to get rid of brush streaks afterwards.
13. Ciate liquid velvet - VooDoo. Intense, gothic, very cool. Amazing coverage and colour.
14. Know cosmetics no bleeding lips lip liner. Clear liner to seal lip edge. I've tried a few like these in the past, this one is a little dry, but does the job.
I hoped you enjoyed this little of something different. Do you have this set? Do you agree with my reviews? Is there any other colours from these lines you'd recommend? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
... and make up'ing!
1. Please note that I am not connected to any companies mentioned in this post. I do not receive any products, funding or gifting from these businesses. All products shown have been bought by me, or gifts from family or friends. I mention the items because I like them or have my own private opinion about them. It's just little old me talking about ma stuff! ;-)
2. If you would like to see more of anything in this series, please write a comment below, or 'like' and leave a comment by my latest Instagram photo, letting me know what you would like me to post photos and write about.
3. If you like what you read, don't forget to bookmark this site, and please share it with your friends.
4. You can also follow me on Twitter and Instagram - @TheCraftyScribe which I update regularly with all things crafty, scribbling, beauty, fashion, the cats, sci-fi, fantasy, and the ephemera of 42*...................
*42 = Life, The Universe and Everything!