Latest Post!

Please find the newest post below.
Have a great day.
Don't forget to create, play and scribe!

Friday 25 November 2016

NaNoWriMo Day 25 - I'm a Winner! (Spoiler alert)

Dear Scribblers


I think you can guess from the title, but I'm a winner! I finished my novel with 55646 words!



My word count for my final three days was

Day 23 - 2047 words


Day 24 - 2379 words


and Day 25 - I pushed on through today, to finish the story with 3758 words
 

So happy to be finished with 5 days to go. I'm going to leave this story alone for a month or so, before I go in and edit it.

I've used NaNoWriMo to help me get into the habit of writing every day again, and I'm still going to carry on with this from now on, but at a lower word count than I've attempted to achieve this month. My aim was to try and hit 2000 words a day, and I achieved that most days, even thought I've enjoyed  my writing sessions, it's been far too exhausting, even though I've paced myself, as I described in my last post, it has actually been quite tough to keep going. I think my regular word count aim from now on will be between 500 and 1000 words, depending on what I'm writing. Obviously, this will be a lot lower if I'm writing poetry. I think sometimes quality is more important than the quantity.

I'm so glad I entered the competition this year, I've proud of my achievements, and I've also learnt a lot about myself. Although I know that most of this month's writing may be trashed, I hope that there is something within that 25 days of writing that I can expand, edit and refine.

If you are still writing, keep on going, don't give up yet. It does matter if you don't hit the 50000 world finish line, it's about the fact you are actually writing something. If I can do this, anyone can! The most important thing is that you enjoy your experience.

Whatever you are doing, Live Life to the Full, Keep Writing and Enjoy!

Happy Scribing!




Blog Important Notes

Important Notes

1. Please note that I am not connected to any companies mentioned in this post. I do not receive any products, funding or gifting from these businesses. All products shown have been bought by me, or gifts from family or friends. I mention the items because I like them or have my own private opinion about them. It's just little old me talking about ma stuff! ;-)

2. If you would like to see more of anything in this series, please write a comment below, or 'like' and leave a comment by my latest Instagram photo, letting me know what you would like me to post photos and write about.

3. If you like what you read, don't forget to bookmark this site, and please share it with your friends.


4. You can also follow me on Twitter and Instagram - @TheCraftyScribe which I update regularly with all things crafty, scribbling, beauty, fashion, the cats, sci-fi, fantasy, and the ephemera of 42*...................
*42 = Life, The Universe and Everything
!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog