Latest Post!

Please find the newest post below.
Have a great day.
Don't forget to create, play and scribe!

Tuesday 29 September 2009

Desiderata - plus up and coming blogs

Dear Scribblers

Over the next few blogs, I'll be discussing how to use computer programmes other than your usual photo editors, to add titles and journalling to your layouts. Maybe it will get you thinking out of the craft box!

Before I begin those posts, I wanted to share recent journalling I added to a page about now and living in the moment.

I added about 20 head shots of myself, from the age of 2 through the years to now entitled, "Experience The Heart Beats of My Life." (No, I haven't uploaded the page - I don't want you to run away screaming!)

I, then, hid the following journalling on a slide-out card behind the photos:
"It's unbelievable to think that all these photos are the same person - me! Time moves forward. We grow up. People come and go. Adventures are experienced. Life is lived - from the mundane to the fantastic. We encounter love, disgust, excitement, fear, sorrow, laughter, delight, passion, more emotions than we can name. Seasons pass, until now. Now. Now. NOW! Even the NOW of the present, has become the past.
Enjoy every moment, absorb yourself in the senses - see, feel, hear, taste, touch and go beyond, into the unseen. Experience the heart beats of your life.
" You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should." Extract from Desiderata - Max Ehrmann"

Have you ever read the Desiderata? It can inspire, even on the darkest days. If you search on-line, there are many sites where you can read the poem, including here - Desiderata

How about trying this? Read the Desiderata and pick out one line that calls to you. Then create a layout based on it.

Happy Scribing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog