The other day, I was fortunate to attend a writers event with the BBC. I left the venue feeling energised, and more inspired than I have been for a while. I thought I would share with you a number of the comments made which I feel would be useful to you, whatever style of writing you prefer.
- The only difference between an established writer and a new writer, is that an established writer spends time writing, and getting their work in front of the right people. There is no point sitting on a finished piece, get it out there. Show it to people who can give you constructive and support feedback.
- Use all your senses when you write to create a complete sensory experience.
- Every writer worries about the next idea.
- A great idea is your currency - always be on the look out.
- Always consider what is at stake in your piece.
- Enjoy what you write.
- Write with integrity.
- Keep Writing!