"Do not fear mistakes - there are none." Miles Davis.
Fear stops most people from trying something new, as they don't want to make mistakes and fail. There are no mistakes, just results along the way. So today I want you to take this quote to heart, and try something new!
Project of the Day - Try something new today.
- Have you always wanted to try a different craft technique? Go get your supplies right now, and play! You don't need to show anyone.
- Have you always wanted to write a theatrical or radio play? Get your notebook, and jot down your ideas. Open up the computer, and get typing. (BBC website has a free formatting programme which drops into Microsoft Word to help you. Or download a script-formatting software programme - there are many to buy plus some free ones on the web including Celtx)
- Have you always wanted to bake a cake? Buy the ingredients, find a receipe and have a go!
- Have you wanted to try photography? Pick up the camera, and go snap happy. Learn from your mistakes.
- Do you want to learn a new language? Find a class and sign up. You'll all be beginners and on the same level, learning in a group is fun!
Of course, whatever you do, be sensible, be safe and use your common sense!
Trying something new assists you with your creativity too! It adds to your vat of ideas for your journalling and pages.