Latest Post!

Please find the newest post below.
Have a great day.
Don't forget to create, play and scribe!

Thursday 15 May 2014

Notable Notebooks Part 2 of 5 - The Organiser... Filofax style (plus another plea to Smythson!)

Dear Scribblers

Welcome to my new short series 'Notable Notebooks' (Two of Five):


This five day series includes:
1: My Ultimate Quality Favourites 
2: The Organiser
3: My Newest Arrivals
4: When a Notebook isn't a Notebook
5: Used, Loved, Never to be Thrown away

Please read the important note at the bottom of the page. 

Onto my Filofax, it's a red chilli coloured Cuban, which is, as I said yesterday, A5 size. It was bought last October at an amazing discount from TK Maxx, with the full 2014 inserts pack! I've used Filofax and other similar organisers in the past, in both A5 and Personal sizes, and decided to try again with it this year, as I wanted to have everything in one place, including my to-do's, writing ideas and journalling.(This was why I wanted the blue Smythson pages, I planned to journal the whole of 2014 and then bind them together with homemade covers at the end of the year.) To be honest, it hasn't worked out this way. I'm still finding it difficult to find a file system which works for me, at the moment, and I keep changing my mind! It's coming together, but still not perfect. 



For the past 8 years, I've used Smythson diaries in their Soho, Premier or Bijou Portobello sizes (Smythson, can you also bring all three sizes back for 2015, please? ;-) Please?) So going back to such a large organiser has been strange, although I also have a small Smythson red wafer diary to carry in my handbag for this year, then at home, it slips conveniently into the little pocket inside the cover. 

(Please see note at the bottom.)

It's the best of both worlds... for now, who knows what I'd do next year. As I've also found out about this company which seems very enticing:
from YouTube's MsGoldgirl -  

The only thing that bothers me is - you guessed it - paper quality, it's difficult to tell without being able to touch it. If it was just a notebook to use for a short time, it would not be an issue (well, more of a grumble really, it's not 'end of the world' stuff. LOL! We just like things a certain way, don't we?) but this is a diary which will be your companion for a year or more, so we want it to feel nice and be the right texture to write on, which takes the ink well, without smudging or seeping. That perfect 'Goldilocks' page. If you are using one of their personal planners at the moment, I would love to hear what you think of it. 

Of course, these are musings for next year, for now I'm playing around with my Filofax, along with a little helper, which I'll tell you all about in a couple of days in part four of the series. I've got you wondering now, haven't I? 

Please come back tomorrow and see the next instalment of 'Notable Notebooks' - My Newest Arrivals. 

Happy Scribing!

Note from the Filofax Photo 
In case you are interested, the pen in the photo is a Ted Baker Stylus pen - with the touch screen tip on one end, and a ball point pen on the other. You can find them on-line at Amazon, John Lewis, Selfridges, eBay and many other places. 

Important Notes

1. Please note that I am not connected to any company mentioned in this post. I do not receive any products, funding or gifting from these businesses. All products shown have been bought by me, or gifts from family or friends. I mention the items because I like them or have my own private opinion about them. It's just little old me talking about ma stuff! ;-)

2. If you would like to see how I presently set up my Filofax, or anything else in this series, please write a comment below, or 'like' and leave a comment by my Notable Notebooks Instagram photo, letting me know what you would like me to post photos and write about. 

3. If you like what you read, don't forget to bookmark this site, and please share it with your friends. 

4. You can also follow me on Twitter and Instagram - @TheCraftyScribe which I update regularly with all things crafty, scribbling, beauty, fashion, the cats, sci-fi, fantasy, and the ephemera of 42*................... *42 = Life, The Universe and Everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog