Latest Post!

Please find the newest post below.
Have a great day.
Don't forget to create, play and scribe!

Thursday 1 May 2014

Slow Down... Relax... Take It Easy* (...and make notes!)

Dear Scribblers

It's important that you do - "Slow down. Relax. Take it easy."* - take time to step back from the hustle and bustle, especially if you are a creative. It's in this downtime I find that I have some of my best ideas. 

So how do you relax? Do you take a walk? Swim? Work out? Listen to music? Sleep and dream? Or do as I like to do, take a bath. 

I like a bath with lots and lots of bubbles! One of my favourites has been the FCUK #bath syrup. I was given it as part of a gift set, but I think it's discontinued. I'm going to be quite upset when I finish it, so replacement recommendations are required. Do you have a favourite bubble bath, I'd love to know. 



There must always be a candle or two burning. 

I've recently fallen in love with Matalan's scented candle range. They smell gorgeous, burn evenly, last for ages, come in a massive chic glass jar with a heavy lid, and £3! Island Breeze & Sequoia Wood are my favourites at the moment, although I've tried about 5 different scents now, and they've all been good. It's a great and inexpensive way to indulge. Plus, when the candles finished, you can clean the jars out and use the for your crafting goodies!



However you relax, take time to let your mind wander and discover new avenues of inspiration, and always remember to have a notebook or digital device close by to jot down your ideas. Although I would only recommend pen and paper when you are in the bath! In my next post, I'll discuss my latest favourite notebooks shown here. 



Please add to the comments your preferred method of relaxation and creative insight. It would great to hear about alternatives. 

Happy Scribing!

* The title of today's post comes from a line in the song - "Baker Man" by Laid Back. An apt named group for chilled out music!
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/bakerman/id269896173?i=269896198

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog