Latest Post!

Please find the newest post below.
Have a great day.
Don't forget to create, play and scribe!

Thursday 15 May 2014

Notable Notebooks Part 3 of 5 - My Newest Arrivals... (and what's the plural of TARDIS?)

Dear Scribblers

Welcome to today's instalment of 'Notable Notebooks' (Three of Five):


A five day series:
1: My Ultimate Quality Favourites 
2: The Organiser
3: My Newest Arrivals
4: When a Notebook isn't a Notebook
5: Used, Loved, Never to be Thrown away

Please read the important note at the bottom of the page. 

We've covered Smythson and Filofax on the previous two days, please go back and read those if you've just found yourself on my blog today. Now it's time for some of my other notebooks to take a turn in the spotlight. If you are anything like me, as a writer or crafter, you love notebooks and find it difficult to walk pass that siren singing to you from their shop shelf, so I bet you have quite a collection, and many more than are shown here... I know I do! These are just my favourites, either new starlet on the block or much loved celebrity. Here's my latest ones:



If you don't know it yet, you probably will do, as my long term sci-fi and fantasy nerdness often seeps into posts. Yes, I was one of those going to Star Trek conventions in the mid 1990s, before geek was chic. Along with Star Trek and Buffy and Angel and Hercules/Zena and Supernatural and The X-Files and The Walking Dead and The Game of Thrones and The Originals and Agents of Shield and  Supernatural* and... I'd better stop, there's many, many more to add and don't get me started on books and films! Where was I? Oh, yes, along with all of these, my love of the weird began this strange little girl (me!) and an instant fascination of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and... Doctor Who! Of course! So I had to have a T.A.R.D.I.S notebook, didn't I? It's an official BBC product and it's lined with a little T.A.R.D.I.S on the bottom outside corner of each page. I like that it's spiral bound, so you can fold back the cover and write without restrictions. (I like T.A.R.D.I.S's... T.A.R.D.I.Ss... T.A.R.D.I.S'sss... what is the plural? I know it isn't T.A.R.D.I as that would just be Time and Relative Dimension In! Anyway, I like 'em and this book is part of my notebook collection and my slowly budding T.A.R.D.I.S collection - I have 5.)

The dotty book, at the back of the picture, was part of a birthday gift from a lovely friend. It's from Debenhams - the Frost French Floozie range, they make knickers! It reminds me of the size and feel of an old school exercise book. I also like the title on the front, "I keep my secrets hidden."

The last book in the photo is very interesting. I picked it up in an amazing local gift shop, well worth a visit, if you are in the area - https://m.facebook.com/Studio4Gifts I thought it was an old book in the wrong place, but it was me who was wrong! Bound in cloth and gold stamped, it's called 'Wainwright Notebook' and contains endpapers illustrations by Alfred Wainwright (1907 - 1991) who devoted his spare time drawing and writing about his beloved Lake District, and a biography page about his work. The rest of the book is classic cream lined paper, complete with marker ribbon. It feels like a book to journal in, or for writing your own travel memoir. As it looks like a well-loved novel from a vintage bookshop, like an original print of Dracula, Frankenstein, The Works of Edgar Allan Poe, Wuthering Heights or The Picture of Dorian Gray. I'm going to use it for a first draft of my own making. If nothing comes from it, at least my writing will appear in one hardback volume. 

Please return again tomorrow to read part four of 'Notable Notebooks' - When a Notebook isn't a Notebook. 



Happy Scribing!

*Yes, I did mean to mention Supernatural twice, and even that isn't enough! ;-)

Important Notes

1. Please note that I am not connected to any company mentioned in this post. I do not receive any products, funding or gifting from these businesses. All products shown have been bought by me, or gifts from family or friends. I mention the items because I like them or have my own private opinion about them. It's just little old me talking about ma stuff! ;-)

2. If you are a glutton for punishment and would like to see the rest of my notebook collection, or anything else in this series, please write a comment below, or 'like' and leave a comment by my Notable Notebooks Instagram photo, letting me know what you would like me to post photos and write about. (I'll even show you my T.A.R.D.I.S'ssss, if you want?)

3. If you like what you read, don't forget to bookmark this site, and please share it with your friends. 

4. You can also follow me on Twitter and Instagram - @TheCraftyScribe which I update regularly with all things crafty, scribbling, beauty, fashion, the cats, sci-fi, fantasy, and the ephemera of 42*................... *42 = Life, The Universe and Everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog