Latest Post!

Please find the newest post below.
Have a great day.
Don't forget to create, play and scribe!

Monday 30 July 2012

Lessons Learnt - 16 - Shhhh! Can I tell you a secret? A Magical Secret.

Dear Scribblers

Here's the final layout I'm showing you from my journey through September 2011 on Shimelle Laine's Learn Something New Everyday course.

I think it's probably my most art journal-y layout of the lot. What do you think?



The wording reads, "Sssshh! Live A Life Less Ordinary. I believe in Magic, Fairies, Spirits, Enchanting Dreams, Dragons, Spooky Ghosts, Angels and all things Fantasy."

I began by painting the background quite thickly in acrylic paint and, once it was dry, painting over the whole thing with Glitz It Sparkles glitter glue, writing in the glittery word MAGIC at the same time.

I used a lot of pieces from magazines, the lips, the main title, the black wings, and the roses, even the girl came from a Vivienne Westwood advert! Although the wings were added separately, her wings was a butterfly from a clothes label cut in half, the full butterfly can be seen in the top left hand corner.

There's another fabric butterfly label used linking the Creative Imaginations Narratives by Karen Russell Journaler's Notebook journalling sheet to the top most rose. I then scattered various stickers throughout the layout including a princess chipboard, 'fantasy' word, and word rub-ons from DCWV's Once Upon A Time range, and a dear little witchy cat from Daisy and Dandelion's Pumpkin and Aubergine Halloween range. I then added more glitter glue and highlights with Sakura's gelly roll stardust pens. It's all about the sparkle.

I wanted it to be a fun page, so I hope the whimsical nature comes across.

This may be the last page, but please come back tomorrow for my closing thoughts on LSNED.

Happy Scribing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog