Latest Post!

Please find the newest post below.
Have a great day.
Don't forget to create, play and scribe!

Thursday 19 July 2012

Lessons Learnt - 7 - Don't be 'A' Negative... Be Positive!

Dear Scribblers

I don't know whether you've noticed that my pages and my outlook couldn't be described as girlie! If anything, I would say I'm more down with a sci-fi-goth-chic-geek-rock-chick vibe, although I don't know how others would describe me!

Like I said, I'm not into girlie, especially pink, so you can imagine what a surprise I had when I'd finished this LSNED page! I didn't even know I had this much pink in my card stock.


I started with a purple/blue watercolour base for the page, and layered on the artist trading card sized printed papers (from the Artist Trading Collection by The Crafthouse Press who also made the ones on the Oscar Pistorius page.) 

The title, Don't Focus on The Negative - Be Positive, was created on the computer, as was some of the other words. The rest came from many companies including: K and Company, Bo Bunny and Cosmo Cricket, which reads, " Remember to love, delight, explore, wonder, let your imagination run wild, laugh, believe, smile, hope, play, have fun, be genuine and kind each day."

The birds came from a free collection from a magazine, and I made my own version of the girl I'd seen as a template in a magazine. I think it may have been from 'You Can Craft'. If anyone recognises the artist or knows in which magazine it was featured, please let me know as I would love to credit them for their design.

Happy Scribing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog